What is the Charging Information System?
European Infrastructure Charging Information System run by RailNetEurope.
The Charging Information System (CIS) is an infrastructure charging information system for Applicants provided by Infrastructure Managers (IMs) and Allocation Bodies (ABs). The web-based application provides fast information on charges related to the use of European rail infrastructure and estimates the price for the use of international train paths within minutes. It is an umbrella application for the various national rail infrastructure charging systems.
At the moment CIS covers the network of 20 European Infrastructure Managers and is being enhanced continuously. Around 1600 users from all over Europe are making use of this advanced system with more than 200 routings per day.
The Charging Information System (CIS) calculates charges for
CIS also uses a corridor-based approach. The user can choose one of the RNE Corridors and estimate the price for a particular route on the selected corridor. Additionally, the system provides the possibility to exclude some line sections on the route in order to find an alternative way across the railway infrastructure network.
Benefits of CIS
- Price estimate for the use of international train paths within minutes
- Corridor-based approach
- Estimate of charges for shunting and station use
- Possibility to restrict route and recalculate charge (by changing some parameters) on each IM network
- Track access charges relevant for a given timetable period
- Network data provided by 20 European Infrastructure Managers
For further information on CIS, please contact the IT Service Desk.
> 4 steps to a charging information